Sunday, September 9, 2012

FANFOKKINPAROW

What a weekend!!!  I went to my first South African concert....FANFOKKINPAROW!!  It was a concert with multiple bands that performed.  Majority was in Afrikaans, but even if you didn't understand the words, you felt the vibe...which was amazing. 

It was intense.  It was jammed pack of young kids having a great time.  Let me explain to you something...the reason why they were having such a great time despite being there for the bands was because of the alcohol.  For example, 2 double brandy's and coke, 2 double vodka's and 2 shots came to 75 rand.....which equals 9 US dollars.  That's right my American friends 9 dollars.  It costs more to buy a beer at Yankee Stadium.  That night I kept saying I am going to buy the bar!  LOL! 

I went with a true friend.  Yvette Horn has made my adventure complete.  I have so many memories with her and they are still continuing.  Yvette's friends met up with us as well.  Some I have met, some I just met.  They made me feel very welcome and made sure I was safe and enjoying my time. 

A night full of friends, love, laughter, drinks and awesome bands....enjoy the pics!!!!!

pre game.  Yvette remember this shirt????


my new boyfriend.....

Yvette getting frisky with my camera

crazy amount of people

Yvette and Duncan!!!

the crowd went nuts!  And yes, those are his boxers

HAPPINESS!!!!

Cheri, Danielle, and Duncan.  Cheri looks like Juliette Lewis.

David and Duncan
the crowd just keeps on going!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOAH! Way to rock out, party girl!!!

    Translation of VAFOKKENPAROW: "From fuckin' Parow", Parow being a lower middle class suburb of Cape Town - think bikes, muscle cars and brandy & coke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parow is just the place where that Wall Clock with the Swarovski crystals (that David spotted) would fit in perfectly.

    ReplyDelete