Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Last Supper

Today is my last supper at the Tladi Lodge.  My dear friend Yvette has the lovely opportunity to have Friday's and Saturday's off...so we must fend for ourselves during the weekend.  For the last month I have been trying to figure out what to have for my last supper.  Only special guests get this treatment and I am very lucky to be close friends with the excellent chef. 

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....................
Tonight's menu will consist of starter: Calamari Salad (yes, that's right people...Calamari), main course Coconut Curry Salmon (IT IS FREAKEN DELICIOUS!) and for dessert bread pudding.  I am hungry now!  I am extremely happy Kraft placed me up in a bed and breakfast.  Not only did I get my room cleaned for me and meals prepared by a 5 star chef, I also got to meet som incredible people.  I am so grateful....and fat now.  LOL!  Thanks Yvette

I just came back from my last FINAL trip in South Africa.  I truly thought my last trip was last week to Swaziland, however an urgent request came and the next thing I know I am on a British Airways flight to Port Elizabeth.  The factory smells like chocolate and it truly was a Willy Wonka type of feel.  PE is known as the "windy" city.  Not quite like Chicago (city wise) but a hell of a lot windier.  I got off the plane and was blown sideways.  PE was super quaint, very pretty and had extremely welcoming and friendly people.  The prices were 10 times less expensive then in Jo'burg and the food was AMAZING.  I stuffed my face full of chicken curry and pancakes with cinnamon sugar and vanilla ice cream. 

Work was very busy in PE so we had very little time to explore, but yet we still managed to have a great time and laugh a lot.  And did I mention eat?  LOL!  It was a great way for me to end my final mini trips in Africa. 

Here are some pics...

No comments:

Post a Comment