Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Gas Anyone???

So I finally had to get gas for the car today.  It ended up being R440.00 which equals about $55.00 USD!  What the hell am I driving...an Excursion?  LOL!  My tiny Chevy cobalt cost me more money to fill up than my Jeep and I still had a 1/4 of a tank left.  Thank goodness I seem to only need to fill up once every 3 weeks.  LOL!  And no...I didn't have to pump my gas.  NJ and South Africa have something in common!!!  :-) 

Speaking of driving...today I saw a very interesting sight.  It isn't uncommon to see people at the traffic lights trying to sell you something or ask for money.  But today it was quite a different scene.  There was an older man who I can only assume is homeless NAKED on the side of the street at the traffic light.  The weird thing was, was that he was wearing shoes. I truly didn't know where to look, but my view was right in front of his frank and beans.  The BMW behind me must have seen this man before because he just blew the horn, told me to drive and for the man to get out of the way.  What a way to start the morning........

3 comments:

  1. As we say in South Africa, "Yah, well, no, fine!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, clever of you to fill up before the price rise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is normally a person selling water of flowers at one of the traffic lights in Jersey City, no naked guys though.

    I filled my tank in Canada this weekend and it was ~$55 USD

    ReplyDelete