Saturday, July 14, 2012

Lazy days

Today I decided to catch up on all of my sleep.  The driving lessons have been postponed due to the rain today.  I think eliminating a variable is important so tomorrow I will be driving around Jo'burg.  I think it will be all ok.  I just hope the GPS works in the car.  Though anyone who knows me knows that even in the states I barely can use a GPS. 

Today I watched TV for the first time in South Africa.  It is interesting.  I do have a movie channel in my room.  I was watching a movie and they kept bleeping out the words God, Lord, and Jesus.  But they would allow the F word.  They also bleeped out the word cock from cockpit, but yet they showed boobs from Get Him to the Greek.  It is a very odd censor.  I spoke with one of the people in the building and he reiterated how important religion is in South Africa.  Yeah, I get that...but it was just something I didn't expect.  Even after reading the books. 

They have a channel here that is a copy of E!  However, all I am hearing is how much the SA commentators are dissing American singers, actors, athletes etc....  It is quite eye opening to see how others view America.  To eliminate the anticipation.  their view is that Americans are spoiled and lazy.  SHOCKER! 

Today, Jim, Craig, Johnny, Pete, Paul, Catherine and Paul are participating in the warrior dash.  Good luck to them.  I will be thinking of them while I am laying in bed relaxing.  Have fun and be safe.

Stay tuned for my post on the driving tomorrow.  As for now...I am going to eat dinner and relax.  Hope all is well with everyone...

And I promise more interesting details on this blog will come...

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could get a camera crew to follow Danielle when she is driving in South Africa. For everyone who have had the pleasure of driving with her you understand my comment. Now Daniellebremember the middle finger does not mean hello in any part of the universe. I love ya. Dorene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time driving in the morning hon. Be safe. I'm concerned about the GPS thing considering the GPS hates you and you're not a fan of it either. Please be careful. We are all alive and well after the Warrior Dash! I love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember when you tried to kill me in your Jeep via gasoline carrier? Please dont recreate that. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have direct satellite TV, you can change the language from "English - Family" to "English - Original", which should fix most of that weird censorship. If it's piped to your room through a central satellite decoder, though, you probably won't be able to change it.

    ReplyDelete